- Hi we are Reckon Point and we have been working on new technology that will allow you to know exactly where you are indoors.
- What this means for you is that you will be able to go to a venue and our technology can direct you to your favorite product or give you turn by turn directions within a large facility like a hospital, university, stadium or your favorite concert hall!
- This campaign is important to all of us because we want to get the word out that we are developing this and need your help to make it happen! So help spread the word and invite all your friends to our site.
- This new technology will have the capability to empower everyone!You will know where you are before you go and you will never be lost again, be it a school, hospital, grocery store and so on!
What We Need & What You Get
- First we want everyone to know we are working on this new technology!
- Our goal this year is to build a high resolution collection system that will enable the best accuracy possible in the market.
- This year we plan to raise 50K to fund this project to prove to industry that this is the way to go by mapping two indoor locations and provide access to the data for free. This will allow industry researchers and developers to see for themselves what our quality data can do.
- We will host forums on Facebook and Twitter as we go through the process. We want to invite our supporters like you to these forums to get your ideas and feedback.
- All funds will go into the development of the collection system and database architecture. None of our senior staff are receiving a salary. We do it because we love it!
- This solution is what the world has been waiting for, sub-meter indoor positioning! But first we need to do the behind the scenes work which is developing a prototype collection system that can gather the data. Creating an app is useless unless you have the data collected. And since each place is unique a system is needed that can quickly and easily maneuver indoors to collect these type if signals.
- Reckon Point wants this technology to become the standard indoor positioning solution providing sub-meter accuracy for everyone to use.
- We want to work within the community to help develop a standard database structure and solution. We will always appreciate feedback and ideas from you as we go through this venture. Post on our Facebook or Twitter or send us videos of what you’d like Reckon Point to do for you!
- Can you imagine never being lost again, feeling fear of losing your kids or being scared in emergency situations.
- My son was in the hospital the other day and as I was under pressure and stressed, I could barely find my way around to get through the adult emergency then the kids unit, then the kids emergency. Reading the signs and passing turns was overwhelming and added more stress to my current situation. Just knowing we are working on this app made me wish we already had the technology. Signs directing us are one thing within a facility but to have an app give you directions like a GPS to your destination would be incredible!
Risks & Challenges
- While other companies presently provide indoor location solutions, none has yet been able to reliably provide consistent sub-meter accuracy.
- Our 30 years combined DOD experience in signal intelligence and geo-location systems will provide the edge needed to solve this problem.
- Preliminary results show consistent 1 meter accuracy with sparse data. Now imagine what we can do with high resolution data!
Other Ways You Can Help
- If you can’t help us out monetarily, but want to support us please share and tell all your friends and family about us! Any amount helps!
- Use the Indiegogo share tools!
- Investors, if you’re interested in investment opportunities please contact us directly.